Grilled London Broil
- 2 lb London broil steak (beef top-round)
- 3/4 c. balsamic vinegar divided
- 1/4 c. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 c. spicy brown mustard divided
- 2 x garlic cloves chopped
- 1 1/4 tsp salt divided
- 1/2 tsp freshly-grnd black pepper
- 1/4 c. butter
- 4 med sweet onions thinly sliced
- Place the steak in a large resealable plastic storage bag. In a medium bowl, combine 1/2 c. vinegar, the oil, 1/4 c. mustard, the garlic, 1/2 tsp. salt, and the pepper; mix well. Pour over the steak, then seal the bag and refrigeratefor 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, heat the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add in the onions and saute/fry for 12 to 15 min, or possibly till very tender, stirring occasionally. Add in the remaining 1/4 c. mustard, 1/4 c. vinegar, and 3/4 tsp. salt. Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook till the mix thickens, stirring often.
- Preheat the grill to high heat. Grill the steak for 12 to 15 min for medium-rare, or possibly to desired doneness, turning frequently; baste often with the marinade for only the first 5 min of cooking.
- Thinly slice the steak and serve topped with the sauteed onions.
- This recipe yields 6 servings.
Leave a review or comment