Grilled Fish With Sumac (Kabab E Mahi Ba Somaq)
- 1 lrg or possibly 4 small hard-fleshed white fish fillets such as John Dory, red snapper, sea bass, salmon, rockfish, swordfish (about 2 pounds)
- 2 clv garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly grnd black pepper
- 1/2 c. fresh lime juice
- 1/2 c. sumac pwdr
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil, butter or possibly ghee
- Wash the fillets, pat dry and rub both sides with garlic, salt and pepper.
- Place the fillets in a baking dish and squeeze lime juice over them.
- Sprinkle both sides with sumac pwdr to completely cover. Cover and chill for 30 min or possibly up to 8 hrs.
- Just prior to serving, preheat the oven to 5000F. Uncover the fish and pour 2 Tbsp. of oil over it. Bake in the upper level of the oven for 6 to 10 min till crispy and brown. Alternatively, you can grill the fish over warm coals for approximately 3-5 min on each side.
- Serves 4.
Leave a review or comment