Green tomato muffinsPrep: 15 min Cook: 25 min Servings: 12by Micheline120 recipes>
Your green tomatoes will not have time to ripen. Use them to make these delicious, healthy muffins your whole family will love.
- DRY INGREDIENTS:
- 3 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp powdered ginger
- 1/2 tsp powdered cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tablespoons flaxseeds, grounded
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup dried cranberries, raisins or dates, chopped
- WET INGREDIENTS:
- 3/4 cup canola oil or other oil of your choice
- 6 tablespoon of water
- 2 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups green tomatoes, diced, raw
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a large bowl. Mix the wet ingredients in another large bowl. Incorporate the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients until all ingredients are well mixed with a large wooden spoon. Grease 12 large muffin pan with pam and line with muffin cups. Fill each muffin cup 3/4 full. Bake at 350 degrees F. for 25 minutes or until done and dry when inserting a tooth pick in the middle of the muffin.
Leave a review or comment