Green Beans, Zucchini And Potatoes
- 2 Tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 c. Minced onion
- 1/2 lb Fresh green beans trimmed, and cut in half
- 1 pch Cayenne pepper (generous healthy pinch)
- 4 ounce Zucchini split in half, and cut 1" thick slices
- 4 ounce Small red skin potatoes
- 2 Tbsp. Minced oregano
- 1/4 c. Minced parsley
- 2 c. Crushed tomatoes and juices Salt to taste Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste
- 1 loaf Crusty french bread
- 1/2 lb Good feta cheese
- In a large, heavy, and preferably non-stick pan heat oil. Add in onion and saute/fry for 5 min. Then add in the green beans and cayenne pepper and cook till the onions are translucent/soft, about 5 min. Add in zucchini, potatoes and herbs. Pour tomatoes and their juices over the vegetables, bring to a boil, and reduce the heat to a simmer. Cover and cook for 40 min. Season with salt and pepper.
- Allow to cold or possibly serve hot. Serve in a small bowl topped with feta cheese and surrounded by French bread.
Leave a review or comment