Green Beans With Sun Dried Tomatoes And Goat Cheese
- 1 lb green beans trimmed, and cut into 1" pcs
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin extra virgin olive oil
- 2 x leeks, white and 1" of green thinly sliced
- 2 x garlic cloves finely minced
- 1/2 c. white wine
- 2 Tbsp. oil-packed sun-dry tomatoes liquid removed, and coarsely minced
- 2 tsp minced fresh thyme (or possibly 3/4 tspn dry thyme) Salt to taste Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste
- 4 ounce soft goat cheese crumbled
- Cook green beans in a large saucepot of lightly salted boiling water till crisp-tender, about 5 min. Drain and cold.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add in leeks and cook 5 min, till softened; add in garlic and cook 1 minute more. Add in wine, tomatoes and thyme.
- Increase heat to high and bring to a boil. Boil 2 min till most of the wine evaporates. Fold in green beans. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a bowl; gently stir in goat cheese. Serve immediately.
- This recipe yields 6 servings.
- Description: "The concentrated flavors of sun-dry tomatoes and goat cheese, plus leeks and white wine, elevate green beans to an elegant side dish."
Leave a review or comment