Green Beans With Crispy Bacon And Lemon Zest
- 4 x thick bacon slices (4 ounce. uncooked), cut diagonally into d inch pcs
- 1 lb young green beans, trimmed
- 1 x to 2 Tablespoons water Zest of 1 large lemon
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice Lemon pepper (optional)
- Coarse (kosher) salt and freshly grnd black pepper (optional)
- In a medium-heavy skillet, cook the bacon pcs over low to medium-low heat, turning as needed to achieve uniform crispness. Transfer to a paper towel to drain. Pour off the bacon drippings, reserving 1 Tbsp. in the skillet.
- In the same skillet, increase the heat to medium-high, add in the green beans and toss in the drippings till coated. Saute/fry, stirring frequently, adding 1 Tbsp. water at a time to keep the beans moist and prevent them from browning. Cook till just tender-crisp, 4 to 5 min. Sprinkle the beans with the bacon, the lemon zest and lemon juice. Toss and saute/fry for 30 seconds.
- Season with lemon pepper or possibly salt and black pepper to taste, if you like, and serve.
- Serves 4
Leave a review or comment