Grecian Lentil SoupPrep: 20 min Cook: 2 hours Servings: 8by Kyle Dalakas100 recipes>
Greek Lentil Soup is a simple, healthy, delicious meatless main dish that is protein packed and full of essential vitamins and minerals. Low fat, low cholesterol and satisfying; try this for dinner!
- 1 Lb. Dried Lentils
- 1 Large Sweet Onion, chopped
- 6 Cloves Garlic, cleaned and finely chopped
- 1/3 Cup Olive Oil
- 1/2 Cup Dry White Wine
- 3/4 Cup Carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 28 Oz. Can Diced Tomatoes
- 2 Tsp. Garlic Powder
- 3 Tbsp. Dried Oregano
- 1 Tsp. Black Pepper
- 1 Tsp. Sea Salt
- 4 Quarts Water
- Place the dried lentils in a large bowl. Sort through and remove any shriveled up lentils. Pour cold water over to cover lentils and let stand at least two hours. Pour off water and rinse.
- Clean the garlic and thinly dice; chop the onion and thinly slice the carrots. Place the vegetables in a large stock pot with the olive oil and sauté for 7 to 8 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and lentils.
- Pour in water and add seasonings. Turn heat to medium high and bring to a rolling boil, stirring frequently. Cover and turn heat to medium low and cook for two hours, stirring occasionally.
- Serve with a tossed green salad for a healthy, protein packed meal!
- Serves 6 to 8
Leave a review or comment