Grandmas Roast BeefPrep: 30 min Cook: 6 hours Servings: 6by Two Southern Girls17 recipes>
Roast Beef was a staple when we went to visit Grandma on vacation. After a long drive I would come through the door and be greeted by the sweet smell of Red Wine and Garlic and I knew what was in store; Roast Beef and Pilaf. The best part was the next day when she would let me put some of the leftovers on a shish- Ka- Bob stick and hold it over an open flame on the stove. I would burn it and make it all crunchy then peel it off and eat it. We would pretend we were camping in the wilderness even though we were in Grandmas Kitchen in Fairview Heights Illinois. Grandma always knew how to make everything special and everyday an adventure.
- 7-10 Pound Rump Roast
- 2 Cloves of Garlic
- 2 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 Bottle Red Wine
- 3 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Rinse your Rump Roast with water in the sink and put on a cutting board.
- Peel Garlic and cut into slices.
- Take a sharp knife and cut slits in the top and sides of the Roast.
- Youâll have the same amount of cuts as you do pieces of Garlic.
- Put the Garlic pieces into the slits.
- Put the Roast into a large Crock pot.
- Rub with Olive Oil over the entire Roast.
- Sprinkle with Onion Powder.
- Add one bottle of Red Wine to the Crock Pot. You can use any Red Wine of your Choice.
- Donât worry when you cook the Roast the Alcohol evaporates out.
- Fill the empty Wine Bottle with Water and pour over Roast.
- Turn Crock Pot on and cook for 6 hours.
- Once cool cut into slices.
- Put on a plate and Enjoy!
Leave a review or comment