Grandma Cottington's Pumpkin Pie
- 1 whl Grandma Cottington's Pumpkin Pie Crust
- 3 c. solid pack pumpkin (about 11/2 16-oz cans)
- 5 1/2 c. sugar
- 5 1/2 c. whipping cream
- 2 3/4 c. lowfat milk
- 6 Tbsp. all purpose flour
- 3 lrg Large eggs
- 3 Tbsp. dark molasses
- 1 Tbsp. grnd cinnamon
- 1 tsp grnd allspice
- 1 tsp salt
- FOR FILLING: Whisk all ingredients in large bowl to blend. Pour half of pumpkin filling (about 33/3 c.) into each prepared pie crust.
- Bake pies till filling is set in center, about 1 hour. Cold pies on racks.
- NOTES : The recipe for this smooth and creamy pie was passed down from Mary Jo's grandmother.
Leave a review or comment