Giggling Gourmet's 'Stir, Fry & A Twist On Sweet & Sour'Prep: 15 min Cook: 15 min Servings: 4by Giggling Gourmet15 recipes>
Here's a yum dish for a little wake up of the taste buds in the deep of winter as you contemplate spring and summer...then once spring and summer arrive...well...enough said!
- 1 lb pork thin cut and into strips
- 2 Tbs Olive Oil
- 4 Garlic Cloves Finely Sliced
- 1 Small Red Onion Sliced
- 2 Tbs Fish Sauce (Thai style is nice here)
- 1 Tbs Sugar
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1/2 Cucumber, seeded and sliced
- 2 Plum Tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 4 Oz Pineapple (fresh) cut into small chunks
- 1 Tsp Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- 2 Scallions, chopped
- 2 Tbs. Fresh Cilantro for garnish
- 2 Tbs. Coconut Flakes (unsweetened and dehydrated)
- 1 Cup Kasmati Rice
- Get the rice going.
- Slice the pork into thin strips and heat oil in the pan or wok.
- Add the garlic to the oil and fry until golden, then add the pork and cook for 4-5 minutes and then add onion.
- Season with fish sauce, sugar and freshly ground black pepper. Stir and cook for 3-4 minutes and make sure pork is cooked through.
- Add the tomatoes, pineapple, red pepper and scallions (keep some fresh for garnish with cilantro) and you may need to add just a little bit of water here to keep from drying out. Continue to fry for another 3-4 minutes or until cooked to liking.
- Serve over Kasmati Rice.
- This dish is best served from pan to dish to table while still nice and hot.
- Top the plated dish with the fresh cilantro, scallions and coconut flakes and enjoy!
Leave a review or comment