Giggling Gourment's Slurpn'ly Good BBQ SaucePrep: 15 min Cook: 30 min Servings: 24by Giggling Gourmet15 recipes>
Here's my version of a BBQ sauce for the summer season! It has a nice mild sweetness/smoked flavor to it when said and done. Works awesome as a stand alone dipping sauce as well as a sweet rub on sauce for ribs, chicken, pork on the grill...also found it very nice on a hamburger! For those of us that like it hot...I add 3 pureed Habanero Peppers into the mix for some nice down home fire yum. Enjoy!
- 4 Tbs Olive Oil
- 2 Cups Minced Yellow Onion
- 4 Cloves Garlic Minced
- 6 inches Ginger Minced
- 4 Cups Good Ketchup (I like natural varieties for this)
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Molasses
- 6 Tbs Hoison Sauce
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Pepper
- 4 Tbs Tomato Paste
- 4 Tbs Sherry Vinegar
- 2 Tbs Chili Powder
- 1/4 Tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1/4 Tsp Smoked Paprika
- 2 Tbs Dry Mustard Powder
- 3oz Can Pineapple Juice
- 1/4 Tsp Colgin Natural Mesquite Liquid Smoke
- 1 Tsp Garam Masala
- 3 Habanero Peppers Pureed (Keep the seeds in! and use at your own discretion!)
- Heat Olive oil in a stew pot, stir in onion, garlic, ginger, cook until tender.
- Add Ketchup, brown sugar, molasses, hoison sauce, tomato paste, vinegar, chili powder, salt/pepper, cayenne pepper, smoked paprika dry mustard, pineapple juice, liquid smoke.(can add Habanero Peppers here for the last ten minutes if you are going to fire it up!)
- Reduce heat to low and simmer 20 minutes pretty much stirring constantly--add garam masala--cook stirring constantly for another 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool, bottle or put in containers then put in fridge and let cool over night before serving.
Leave a review or comment