Gatnabour; Rice PuddingPrep: 30 min Cook: 3 hours Servings: 6by Two Southern Girls17 recipes>
What is Gatnabour you ask, it's warm Armenian Rice Pudding that's embedded in my childhood memories.
- 3 Cups Water
- 1 1/2 Cups Uncooked Uncle Bens White Rice
- 8 Cups Whole Milk
- 1 Cup Sugar
- Ground Saigon Cinnamon
- Put the Water into a 3 Quart Pot and bring to a boil on the stove.
- Once boiling add the Rice and Stir.
- Put the lid on and cook on low heat for 25 minutes or until cooked.
- Make sure to stir several times so that it doesn't stick to the bottom.It's done when all of the liquid's gone.
- Set aside.
- In a large 5 Quart Pot add Milk and cook on low until warm for about 15 minutes.
- Add the Sugar slowly and stir until well mixed.
- Add the Rice to the Milk Mixture and stir together
- Cook on Medium heat until the Milk is almost cooked down.
- Stir every 15 minutes so that the Milk doesnât burn.
- It takes about three hours to cook.
- The Gatnabour is ready when itâs evaporated to about 1/2 the original amount of Milk.
- Dish up the Gatnabour into individual servings.
- Sprinkle the top with Saigon Cinnamon.
- Share it with someone you Love. Enjoy!
Leave a review or comment