Garlic Lovers ChickenPrep: 25 min Cook: 45 min Servings: 4by Patti Fisher68 recipes>
Chicken was on sale this week and Patti found a beauty, it was over 7lbs. so we had plenty left over for an awesome spontaneous picnic the next day with cold chicken. The sauce was simple with lots of flavor. Ken especially loved the 40 or so cloves of garlic. The longer garlic cooks the sweeter it gets. Plus, with our Pacific Living Outdoor Oven we both baked our bird and used the smoke box for even more flavor. And we marinated it over night in bottled Italian salad dressing for a head start on our yum quotient. This is definitely a “Garlic Lovers Dream Dinner” the sauce was off the hook! Patti and I have set one night a week just for us. It’s our date night. We usually put something special on our Pacific Living Outdoor Oven, but sometimes we cook inside. We always eat outside on our patio where it is very comfortable with a rainforest theme. Wood burning stove, little lights, candles, lanterns and surround sound. We enjoy a little wine, or strawberry margaritas using frozen strawberries for ice, good food, music and sometimes a dance or two…
- 1 whole chicken, about 7 lbs., cut in half
- 1 large bottle of your favorite Italian salad dressing
- 4-5 handfuls of peeled garlic cloves, about 40
- 2 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon Country Bob’s Seasoning Salt
- 2 teaspoons white pepper
- 2 Tablespoons flour
- 1 cup low fat milk
- 2 cups dry white wine, we used Chablis
- Marinate the chicken in Italian salad dressing. We used our “Speedy Plus Instant Marinater” so we just let it go for an hour or even overnight until we were ready for it. If you don’t have one of these marinate your chicken at least a few hours or overnight in the refrigerator. Then, season with the Garlic dry rub and you’re ready for the Pacific Living Outdoor Oven. We roasted our chicken at 45 minutes @ 400 degrees (205c) for 45 minutes until we had an internal temp of 170 degrees (80c). When you reach 170 degrees pull the chicken and let rest 5 to 10 minutes. Now you are ready to plate and sauce.
- Sauce; In medium saucepot sauté garlic in butter and oil until garlic is lightly browned. Stir frequently and cook until garlic is soft. In small bowl whisk flour, milk, wine and seasonings together, adding to garlic and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Pour over baked chicken halves to serve.
- For your indoor oven check our website:
Leave a review or comment