Garden Fresh Brine Roasted ChickenPrep: 6 hours Cook: 2 1/2 hours Servings: 10by Smokinhotchef313 recipes>
Nothing's more versatile than a flavorful bird at your fingertips. There are many ways to serve this chicken, but I prefer the traditional and beautifully simple whole roasted!
- 1 5 lb. chicken
- 1/3 c. kosher salt
- 1/3 c. sugar
- 1/3 c. cider vinegar
- 1/2 c. fresh oregano, rough chopped
- 1/2 c. fresh parsley, rough chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed or finely minced
- 2 lemons, 1 juiced and halved, 1 quartered
- 1 large onion, quartered
- Olive oil for drizzling
- Kosher Salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- In large dutch oven or pot, combine all the ingredients except olive oil, quartered lemon and onion with about 1 cup of water and stir until blended and granules are dissolved.
- Add rinsed and cleaned chicken and 'bathe' to coat in brine.
- Add enough water to just cover chicken and place in fridge for 6 to 12 hours. The longer you marinate, the more tender and juicy so have at it.
- When ready, Preheat oven to 350*F and pat chicken dry. You do not have to rinse the chicken using this method.
- Place chicken back in washed and dried dutch oven and drizzle with olive oil.
- Stuff with halved lemon and onion. Truss if desired.
- Bake for about 2 1/2 hours until golden, basting every so often for nice coloring and internal temperature reaches at least 155 degrees.
- Allow to rest before transferring to platter or cutting board for serving and then season as desired to taste.
Leave a review or comment