Gado GadoPrep: 30 min Cook: 45 min Servings: 10by Navaneetham Krishnan370 recipes>
A complete vegetarian platter with spicy cashew nut dipping sauce.
- For The Sauce
- 1 inch lengkuas/galangal
- 1 serai/lemongrass
- 1 handful of dried red chillies
- 5 shallots
- 1 tsp belacan/shrimp paste powder (optional)
- 40g roasted cashew nuts - crushed
- 3 tbsp assam/tamarind juice
- 4 tbsp oil + 2 tbsp oil
- brown sugar and salt as per taste
- To Serve With (quantity as preferred)
- Boiled eggs
- Boiled potatoes
- Tempeh/fermented soy cakes
- Fried brown taufu
- Cucumber - sliced
- Salad leaves - break into smaller pieces
- Lemon wedges (optional)
- Blend/ground galangal, lemongrass, dried chillies, shallots and shrimp paste to a thick and smooth paste.
- Heat 4 tbsp of oil and when heated, tip in blended/grounded ingredients.
- Fry until aromatic and oil splits. .
- Pour in tamarind juice, add powdered cashew nuts, sugar and salt.
- If you find the sauce too thick, pour some water inside.
- Stir and remove from heat.
- As for the other ingredients; grill (I did over the portable grill) eggs, potatoes, tempeh and taufu on both sides after which sliced into bite sizes.
- Arrange all these with the cucumber and salad leaves on a plate and serve with the dipping sauce.
- Optional: served with lemon wedges.
Leave a review or comment