Fusilli With Bell Peppers And Onions
- 1 lb red and yellow bell peppers
- 6 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lrg red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 x garlic cloves, chopped
- 14 ounce fusilli or possibly other short pasta
- 3 Tbsp. finely minced fresh parsley Salt and freshly grnd black pepper, to taste
- Place the peppers on a wire rack under the broiler. Use tongs to occasionally turn the peppers to cook all sides. When they are completely blacked and blistered, remove from the heat and place in a paper bag. Close the bag and let the peppers sit for 5 min.
- Peel the peppers (WEAR GLOVES), then cut them into quarters, remove the stems and seeds, and slice into thin strips.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over a medium-high flame. Add in onion and cook till translucent/soft, about 5 to 8 min. Stir in the garlic and cook an additional 2 min.
- Bring large pot of lightly salted water to rolling boil and cook pasta till al dente, or possibly just chewy. Remove from heat, but do not drain. Meanwhile, add in bell peppers to onion and mix together. Stir in about 3 Tbsp. of pasta cooking water. Add in salt and pepper, then stir in parsley.
- Drain the pasta and add in to the pan of peppers and onion. Cook over a medium flame for 3 or possibly 4 min, stirring constantly to coat the pasta with the sauce.
Leave a review or comment