Full of Health Granola BarsPrep: 30 min Cook: 30 min Servings: 72by Julia Ann Souders62 recipes>
Granola Bars full of healthy ingredients. This is an old recipe which I made my children. In the 70's bulk food and granola were becoming popular, granola was not on the shelves at that time. This makes enough to have also make Peanut Butter Bars. 2007-2014 Netta Belle's Choice cookbookinabox "Reg. U.S. Pat. & Trdmk. Off." All rights reserved.
- 4 cups uncooked oatmeal, use regular and pulse in blender 5 times
- 1/2 cup wheat germ
- 1/4 cup white corn grits
- 1/2 - 3/4 cups fine chopped nuts: almonds, walnuts, pecans or a mixture.
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup bran flakes
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- See directions for additions to make the bars.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Blend all the above ingredients together, brown in oven for 15 minutes, stir 2 times to blend the oil and seasons.
- Make the granola bars:
- Heat to boiling: 1/3 cup brown sugar, 1/4 cup butter, and 3 tablespoons honey.
- Add to 3 cups granola, 1/2 cup raisins, 1/4 cup dry milk and 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- Pour the hot sugar/butter mixture over granola, stir to blend well.
- Pat in a 9 x 13 foil-lined pan.
- Bake 15 minutes at 350 F.
- Drop a few chocolate chips on top, spread when they melt.
- Cool and cut into 1/2 x 2 inch pieces.
- Peanut Granola Bars:
- 1/2 cup white corn syrup, boil for 1 minute
- 2/3 cup peanut butter, stirred into the hot corn syrup, mix
- Add to 3 cups granola
- Pat into a foil-lined pan, bake 15 minutes at 350 F.
- Cut into 1/2 x 2 inch pieces
Leave a review or comment