Fried Stuffed Jalapeno Peppers
- 10 ounce Can whole pickled jalapeno peppers, liquid removed
- 2/3 c. Pimiento cheese
- 3/4 c. All-purpose flour, divided
- 1/4 c. Plus 2 Tbsp. cornmeal, divided
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 1 c. Buttermilk Vegetable oil
- Cut stems from peppers. Remove seeds, using a small sharp knife (don't split peppers). Stuff each with pimiento cheese. Cover and refrigerateat least two hrs.
- Combine 1/4 c. flour, 2 Tbsp. cornmeal, and next 3 ingredients; set batter aside.
- Combine remaining 1/2 c. flour and 1/4 c. cornmeal.
- Dip stuffed peppers in batter; dredge in flour mix.
- Pour oil to depth of 2 to 3 inches in a Dutch oven; heat to 375F degrees. Fry peppers, a few at a time, 1 to 2 min on each side or possibly till golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
- Yield: about 12 appetizers.
Leave a review or comment