Fried Rice Bowl from MadagascarPrep: 20 min Cook: 40 min Servings: 4by Rachael Johnson1 recipe>
Everyone loves fried rice, and its very popular in Madagascar.
- 1/2 lb diced chicken, 1/2 lb ground pork or beef, 1/4 lb diced cooked peeled shrimp, 1 C rice, 1/4 C oil, 1 lg shallot, sliced thin, 4 t grated fresh garlic, 1 T grated fresh ginger, 3 carrots cut into thin rounds, 2 baby bok choi cut into thin slices, 3/4 C thin sliced shitake or brown mushrooms, 1 green onion sliced thin, 3 T chopped cilantro, 2 T soy sauce, 2 T oyster sauce, 2 T water, 1 T corn starch, 4 eggs, salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring 1 1/2 C water to a boil in a small pot; add 1 C rice, let boil 3 minutes, then reduce heat to low and cover.
- Cook approximately 18-20 minutes; set aside. In a large pot over medium heat, fry shallot in oil.
- When translucent, add garlic and ginger and cook one minute. Add poultry and meat and stir until meat is browned; add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add shrimp and cook through. Add carrots, bok choi and mushrooms and let cook until almost tender. In a separate bowl, combine soy sauce, oyster sauce, water and corn starch and whisk to make a sauce.
- Pour sauce into meat and vegetables in large pot and let cook three minutes to thicken. Add cooked rice to pot and stir to coat evenly; remove from heat.
- Add in cilantro and green onion and stir. In a frying pan over medium heat, fry your eggs one by one in a generous amount of oil.
- To serve, place one fried egg in the bottom of a bowl. Spoon the rice mixture over it and gently press rice down.
- Turn out the egg/rice onto a plate
Leave a review or comment