Fried Black Pomfret (Bawal Hitam) In Soy Sauce.Prep: 30 min Cook: 30 min Servings: 2by Navaneetham Krishnan370 recipes>
Crispy fried and drenched with a fragrant salty, tangy and spicy soy sauce gravy.
- For Fish
- 1 whole black pomfret (abt 400g) de-gut, leave the head on and make two or three incisions, on both sides (no need to pat dry)
- 1 tsp turmeric/kunyit powder
- 1 tsp rice flour
- 1 tsp corn flour
- Salt as taste
- Mix/lather fish with all these ingredients
- For The Sauce
- 2 red chillies &1 green chilli - sliced into long thin stripes
- 1 inch ginger - sliced into thin stripes
- 5 pips garlic - sliced thinly
- 1 medium size (abt 100g) red onion - sliced thinly
- 1 bunch coriander leaves - sliced.
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tbsp vinegar
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- Oil as needed
- Salt (if needed)
- Heat enough oil and when heated, deep fry fish, remove and place on a tray/plate.
- Leave about 2 tbsp of oil in the same wok/pan.
- Saute chillies, ginger, onion and garlic.
- Add all the rest of the ingredients.
- (Note: pour water for more sauce).
- Quickly stir and top over fish.
Leave a review or comment