Five Spice Pork StroganoffPrep: 10 min Cook: 25 min Servings: 4by Hungry Jenny474 recipes>
An Asian twist on a Russian dish! Also works well with chicken, but pork is the best for this dish :-)
- 400g boneless pork loin steak, chopped into bite-sized chunks
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1.5 tbsp Chinese five spice
- 2 tbsp groundnut oil
- 150g celery, chopped
- 150g mushrooms, sliced
- 100g shallots, finely chopped
- 100g crème fraiche
- 300g white rice
- 500ml water
- Rinse the rice and put in a nonstick saucepan with the water. Bring to the boil, then turn down to the lowest heat. Cover with a lid and leave to simmer for 20 minutes. Allow to stand for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, mix together the soy sauce, five spice and 1 tbsp of the oil. Add the pork, mix well and leave to marinade for at least 15 minutes.
- Add the remaining oil to a large hot pan. Saute the pork chunks for about 5 minutes to brown. Add the celery, shallots and mushrooms, mixing everything together well.
- Spoon in the crÃ¨me fraiche and gently stir in. Turn down to the lowest heat, covering with a lid if you have one, for about 5 minutes. Serve atop your freshly steamed rice.
Leave a review or comment