Fish Fillet with Tartar SaucePrep: 15 min Cook: 25 min Servings: 1by ShaleeDP1124 recipes>
I like to use Dory fish for this recipe. Though any other white fish is ok.
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp (10 mL) Dijon mustard
- 1 cup (250 mL) panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each of salt and pepper
- 4 (1-1/2 lb/750 g total) catfish fillets or tilapia fillets
- Tartar Sauce:
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) light mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) dill pickle relish
- 1 tsp (5 mL) drained capers
- 1 pinch pepper
- Spread oil on rimmed baking sheet; heat in 450°F (230°C) oven for 5 minutes.
- In shallow dish, whisk together egg, 1 tbsp (15 mL) water and mustard.
- In second shallow dish, combine bread crumbs, salt and pepper.
- Dip fish into egg mixture then into bread crumb mixture, turning to coat.
- Place on hot baking sheet; bake, turning once, until golden and fish flakes easily when tested, about 20 minutes.
- For the Tartar sauce: combine mayonnaise, relish, capers and pepper. Serve with fish
Leave a review or comment