Fiber-packed Papaya & Carrot MilkshakePrep: 5 min Servings: 4by A2Z Healthy Vegetarian Cuisine29 recipes>
Know What You Eat: Papaya has high nutritional benefits.Its a very good source of fiber and so helps relieves constipation and protects against colon cancer. Its rich in Anti-oxidants, the B vitamins, folate and pantothenic acid; and the minerals, potassium and magnesium. In addition, papaya contains the digestive enzyme, papain, which is used like bromelain, a similar enzyme found in pineapple, to treat sports injuries, other causes of trauma, and allergies. Vitamin C and vitamin A, which is made in the body from the beta-carotene in papaya, are both needed for the proper function of a healthy immune system. Papaya may therefore be a healthy fruit choice for preventing such illnesses as recurrent ear infections, colds and flu. Similarly Carrots, boiled carrots are easy to digest than raw, full of beta carotene, Vit-B1, Vit-B2, Vit-B6.It improves vision,nourishes skin, and prevent heart disease. Enjoy a fuller breakfast milkshake in a jiffy. Coming to the recipe, here's how its made.
- 1 C diced, boiled Carrots
- 1 C peeled, diced, Papaya
- 2 Tbsp Honey
- 3 C Cold Skimmed Milk
- Few Ice chunks
- 1/4 tsp Cardamom (elaichi)powder
- 1. Add all the ingredients in the blender along with some crushed ice. Blend it well, pour it in glass and Enjoy.
- 2. Leftover??? Pour the rest of the milkshake in ice pop maker and toss it into the freezer. Enjoy THE healthy, guilt free ice-milk pops whenever desired.
Leave a review or comment