Favorite Pumpkin BreadPrep: 20 min Cook: 55 min Servings: 24by Salad Foodie406 recipes>
This is even good the day of baking, but improves and mellows with age. Freezes well, but it's hard to keep out of the fresh baked to have any left for the freezer!
- 2 1/2 cups white whole wheat flour, or all purpose flour, or 1/2 and 1/2 combination)
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 1/2 cups sugar (can use 1/2 cup brown sugar if desired)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 15-ounce can pumpkin puree (1 3/4 cups)
- 1 1/4 cups chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease well the pan(s) of choice such as: 1 large loaf pan 9" x 5" x 2 1/2" .....or 2 small loaf pans size 7 3/8" x 3 5/8" x 2 1/4".
- In medium bowl stir together flour, baking soda, salt, allspice and cloves; set aside.
- In large bowl blend well together the oil, sugar, eggs and pumpkin. Stir in flour mixture and nuts just until well blended (batter will be stiff.)
- Push batter into prepared pan(s) and bake 50-55 minutes (larger loaf pan may take a few minutes more) until sides begin to pull away from pan and toothpick tests clean in center . Remove from oven and cool briefly in pan, then remove and cool thoroughly on wire rack.
Leave a review or comment