Favorite Coleslaw DressingPrep: 10 min Servings: 34by Salad Foodie389 recipes>
A basic mayonnaise-based dressing that we make ahead and have on hand when crunchy coleslaw is on the menu for lunch or dinner. This dressing keeps well for several weeks refrigerated in a mason jar, a vintage bottle from the thrift store, or recycled dressing container (see photos). Yield is a little over 2 cups and will dress a lot of cabbage, so cut the recipe in half or less if you just want enough for immediate uses.
- 2 cups mayonnaise (see NOTE below)
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed (optional)
- (NOTE: Or use 1 1/2 cups mayo and 1/2 cup buttermilk or sour cream; however this version only keeps well in refrigerator for about 2-3 weeks - compared to several weeks for using all mayo.)
- Mix all ingredients together in medium-size bowl.
- Pour into container, cover and store in refrigerator.
- Shake before each use.
- Yield: 2 1/8 cups, or 34 tablespoons
Leave a review or comment