Fast and simple baked chicken with apple and strawberriesPrep: 15 min Cook: 40 min Servings: 4by Helenscooking29 recipes>
This is my invention: apples give the chicken sweetness and honey flavor, strawberry adds bit of acidity to this combination. You can have this this dish ready literally in 45 minutes. Preparation takes 15 minutes, cooking about 30 – depending on if you marinated you chicken in advance or just before cooking.
- 4 chicken thighs (chicken drumstick will be good as well)
- 2 medium onions
- 2 apples
- ½ cup of strawberries
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1/3 cup of lemon basil
- 2 tablespoons of mayo.
- Prepare the marinade: mix salt, pepper, mayo and onion rings, throw in the chicken thighs. Leave for 5-10 min (depending on how much time you have, if you are short on time, just start baking your chicken immediately).
- Preheat your oven at 350 F. Put the chicken to bake for 40-50 minutes.
- 15 minutes before taking the chicken out: wash and peel the apples, slice the strawberry. When turning the chicken thighs around, put under them: apples and on top the strawberry. Bake for another 15 minutes. Check with the toothpick for the readiness, there should be juice in your chicken but it shouldnât be too juicy (because this will mean that the chicken is raw, mind the color of the juice out of your chicken, it should be transparent)
- If you want to serve your chicken with potato, just wash the potato, donât peel it, cut in rings and put baking together with the chicken. The potato will be golden brown and crispy.
Leave a review or comment