Falafel SaladPrep: 5 min Cook: 25 min Servings: 4by Food Wine Thyme206 recipes>
- 1 28oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed well
- 3 tbsp flour
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tbsp cumin
- 3 garlic cloves
- 4 tbsp Tahini paste
- 1 tbsp fresh cilantro
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley
- 1 small red onion
- juice of ½ lemon
- 1 tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Using a potato masher, mash Â¼ can of chickpeas in a bowl. Set aside.
- Combine the rest of chickpeas and all the other ingredients in a food processor.
- Pulse until combined.
- Form into small round shaped patties and bake about 20-25 minutes until lightly golden. (Tip: To get falafel to stay moist on the inside and brown up faster I put them under the broiler for the last 3 minutes)
- Serve over a bed of greens with tomatoes, cucumbers, red onions and fat free feta. Drizzle with Tahini Dill Dressing.
Leave a review or comment