Escabeche Lapu-LapuPrep: 30 min Servings: 1by ShaleeDP1124 recipes>
Sweet and sour fish recipe that you can serve anyone who loves fish. This has a balance of sourly-sweet tang that mixes wonderfully in your mouth.
- one whole fleshy fish (lapulapu, red snapper, carp)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- some flour to dredge the fish in
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp ginger root (cut into thin strips)
- 1/2 cup sliced onions
- 1 cup red and green bell peppers (cut into strips)
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- Rub the fish with salt and pepper. Dredge with flour and then deep-fry in very hot oil. Set aside.
- In a skillet, lightly saute garlic, ginger, onions and bell peppers in oil. Set aside.
- In the pan, mix together the water, vinegar, sugar, soy sauce, corn starch, salt and pepper. Simmer for about 5 minutes or until the starch is cooked and thickens the mixture.
- Place the fish on a platter and pour over it the sauce prepared in step 3.
- Arrange the sauteed ginger, onions and peppers on top of the fish and serve.
Leave a review or comment