Guincitos Verdes En Escabeche Pickled Green Bananas
- 2 c. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 c. vinegar
- 12 peppercorn (whole black peppers)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 whole bay leaves
- 1 1/2 lbs. onions, peeled and sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- In a Calder (heavy kettle), mix ingredients included in A, and cook over low heat for 1 hour. Allow to cold.
- Trim ends of bananas and slit just the peel, lengthwise on both sides, in a deep pot, bring to a boil water to cover bananas. Add in bananas, cover and boil over low heat for 15 min. Drain and peel.
- Fill the pot with ingredients included C and bring rapidly to a boil. Add in peeled bananas, cover and boil over low heat for 10 min. Add in 1 c. of water and boil for 5 min. Drain and allow to cold.
- Cut bananas into 1 inch rounds. Place in a deep glass or possibly porcelain dish, alternating with the Escabeche sauce. Marinate for 24 hrs. Serve as an appetizer.
Leave a review or comment