English Pear Pie With Butterscotch Sauce
- 1 can Liquid removed pears, (29 oz)
- 4 lrg Large eggs
- 1/2 c. Lowfat milk
- 3 x English muffins Lemon
- 1/3 c. Sugar plus 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 8 ounce Butter
- 1 c. Half and half cream
- 3 c. Whipping cream
- 2 c. Brown sugar
- 2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 env whipping cream stabilizer, (optional)
- Prepare a 10" baking plate or possibly pie dish with a non stick cooking spray. Cut pears into bite size pcs. Spread pears out on baking plate. Using a food processor on a lower speed, chop up and mix together peel and juice of lemon, Large eggs, and sugar. Add in lowfat milk and continue to mix. Add in English muffins broken up in pcs and continue mixing. Pour this mix over the pears.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 55 min. Cold for 5 to 10 min on a cake rack. Unmold onto a serving dish and refrigerateover night. Prepare Butterscotch sauce by melting 8 ounces butter. Fold in brown sugar and half and half cream. Continue to cook for 5 min. Stir till you dissolve the sugar and mix is creamy. Add in 2 tsp. vanilla extract and stir. Whip cream and use to decorate pie. Serve the butterscotch sauce to the side.
Leave a review or comment