EnchiladasPrep: 15 min Cook: 30 min Servings: 1by Stephanie Bitzer2 recipes>
I learned how to make these in the kitchen of my Mexican mother-in-law . So easy and so delicious.
- 6 Dried Chile Guajillo
- 3 or 4 Dried Chile de Arbol
- 1 t. Black Pepper
- 1 t. Cumin
- 2 Cloves of Garlic
- 4 Cups of Water
- Chicken Base
- Sour Cream
- Queso Fresco (crumbled)
- Take seeds out of all chilies and soak in hot water for 5 minutes.
- In a blender, puree chilies, black pepper, cumin, salt, garlic and water.
- In a saucepan, lightly coat the bottom of the pan with oil and add 4 or 5 slices of onion.
- When oil is hot and onions are brown, strain blended Chile mix into the hot oil.
- Add salt and chicken base to taste and let boil lightly for 30 mins. until slightly thickened.
- Warm tortillas slightly and dip into sauce and roll. Over the top of rolled tortillas spoon a bit more sauce and add garnishes; sour cream, avocado, chopped onion, queso fresco, lettuce and tomato.
Leave a review or comment