Eggs And Green Chilli CurryPrep: 30 min Cook: 25 min Servings: 5by Navaneetham Krishnan370 recipes>
Lovely inviting spicy-tangy curry.
- 5 hard boiled eggs
- 8-10 green chillies - slit lengthways
- 5 shallots - sliced
- 3 sprigs curry leaves
- 2 stalks coriander leaves - chopped
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 50g tamarind (or as needed) - mix with 1/2 liter of water to extract juice
- 4 tbsp of oil
- Salt to taste
- For Curry Paste
- 1 tbsp coriander/ketumbar powder
- 1/2 tbsp cumin/jintan putih powder
- 1 tsp grounded/blended ginger
- 1/2 tsp grounded/blended garlic
- 1 tsp turmeric/kunyit powder
- mix all together
- When oil is heated, fry chillies for about 2-3 mins, remove and keep aside.
- In the same oil, saute shallots with mustard seeds for a couple of mins.
- Add curry paste and curry leaves,
- Stir to combine all these ingredients.
- Cook/simmer till aromatic and oil splits.
- Pour in tamarind juice and season with salt.
- As soon as curry is heated through, gently drop in fried green chillies and eggs.
- Cook for another 3-4 mins.
- Stir in the coriander leaves before serving.
Leave a review or comment