- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil ( I use extra virgin olive oil)
- 1 29-ounce can tomato puree
- 1/2 medium eggplant, peeled, medium dice ( 3 cups)
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow pepper, chopped
- 1, orange pepper, chopped
- 1 medium sweet onion, chopped
- 4 ounces mushrooms, small dice (including stems)
- 1/3 cup dry red wine
- 1/4 cup sliced pitted ripe olives
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh basil, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley, minced
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 12 ounces hot cooked pasta
- In sauce pan saute garlic in cooking oil till golden brown. (do not burn.....if you do start over)
- Stir in tomato puree, eggplant, green pepper, red pepper, yellow pepper, orange pepper, onion, mushrooms, wine, olives, sugar, oregano, basil, & parsley, water, salt, and pepper
- Bring to boil;reduce heat.
- Boil gently, uncovered, about 30 minutes or till desired consistency, stirring occasionally.
- Serve with pasta.
- Use grated parmesan or romano cheese, if desired.
- Makes 10 side dish servings
Leave a review or comment