Eggless Choco Nutty Cookies*Tried & Tested*Prep: 15 min Cook: 20 min Servings: 24by shruthisingh411 recipes>
The Best Thing about them: I fall in love with these cookies each time i bake them, actually one can never stop raving enough even as the aroma waffles through the entire house as these cookies still bake in the oven, a heavenly combination of Chocolate and Nuts...Hmmnnn....!! The Worst Thing about them: I cant stop myself from eating them through the day, i don't wanna share them with one single soul..to top it..I'm drooling..ahemm...sorry about the gooey mess that went on the keyboard even as I'm typing this..!! Okay lets forget all about the mess and concentrate on the recipe of the cookies: Over the past year or two(i.e since i actually began baking out for just the sakes of passion of baking) i realized that baking gives you such a high..even when i'm feeling down,low...or just feel any negativity creeping in me and i just resort to baking Believe me it just beats my stress away...and i'm all set and dolloped like chilled whipped cream on a pastry..;). Recently as i was browsing thru a weekly magazine out here i bumped across this version of chocolate cookies...and the best part is that they're Eggless..!! I've baked them with slight variation to suite my style and to seduce my taste buds,not once but i've tried and tested it almost 3-4 times now and they come out just as perfect every single time..!!
- 3/4th Cup:Maida/All Purpose flour.
- 1/4th Cup:Cocoa powder(i used Hershey's).
- 1/2 Cup:Cornflour.
- 1 Cup:Icing sugar Or Powdered sugar.
- 1/2 Tsp:Baking powder.
- 1/2 Cup:Butter(@ room temperature).
- 1/2 Tsp:Vanilla Essence.
- 1/2 Cup: Coarsely crushed Nuts(I used crushed Cashews and Almonds).
- 1-2 Tbsp: Thick Yoghurt(Well whipped,if required, in case you feel the mixture is too dry).
- Beat the butter and sugar till it's creamy and fluffy.(if you are using a hand mixer,mix on low speed 30 secs).
- Sift All purpose Flour/Maida,Cocoa ,Cornflour,and Baking powder thoroughly at least 2-3times.
- Mix the flour to the butter and sugar cream little by little adding one spoon at a time and after all the flour has been added,next add the crushed nuts and then,you can just hand mix the dough for better bonding and texture.
- Add one Tbsp of well whipped yoghurt if the dough feels too dry and hard.
- Take small portions of the dough and make small balls of them and flatten them slightly with your palm,Grease a baking tray and place the cookies at least 1â apart,to leave enough space for the cookies to grow and spread.
- Pre-heat the oven on 180C, and bake for about 18-20 minutes, or until they're done,depending on your oven's temperature settings.
- Check to ensure they're done..by pressing the cookie lightly in the center and it will spring back and the sides of the cookies would have hardened,if your dough is well behaved like mine was you may not even have to place a liner or spread flour on your greased tray..they will just come out of the tray clean and easy.
- Allow to cool on a cooling rack if you have one or else just place the tray outside the oven..at times you will notice that the center is still not completely hard but don't worry it will be done completely by the time it cools.
- Once completely cool they will be nice and crispy..like store bought one's I'd say better..but every person's taste differs so check out yours and drop me a comment on my blog.
- Now go ahead and devour the goodness of chocolate and nuts..and I'll say go Choco - Nutty.
Leave a review or comment