Egg Rasam (Indian Pepper Soup With Egg)Prep: 20 min Cook: 25 min Servings: 4by Navaneetham Krishnan370 recipes>
Appealing with its tangy, peppery and garlicky flavors.
- 4 eggs
- 4 shallots (chopped)
- 4 pips garlic (chopped)
- 1 tbsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tbsp black pepper powder
- 1/2 tbsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tbsp kunyit/turmeric powder
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 medium size tomato (sliced thinly)
- 2 sprigs curry leaves
- 1 tbsp thick tamarind/assam juice (or as per taste)3 tbsp oil
- 1/2 litre water
- 2 tbsp oil
- Salt for taste
- When oil is heated, saute garlic and shallots.
- Add coriander, pepper, cumin and turmeric powder, mustard seeds, tomato and curry leaves.
- Stir and cook just for a minute.
- Add water, tamarind juice and season with salt.
- Stir again and let it simmer.
- Gently break eggs inside, cook for a texture you prefer and remove from heat.
Leave a review or comment