Easy Turkey Albondigas SoupPrep: 15 min Cook: 20 min Servings: 6by myra byanka510 recipes>
Albondigas are meatballs in Spanish. I use homemade chicken or turkey broth to prepare this soup, but canned works fine, too.
- 6 cups canned chicken broth, or homemade
- 15 oz. can petite diced tomatoes
- 2 carrots, peeled, chopped
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 3-4 tbs. chopped onion
- 2-3 chopped red potatoes
- 2 tbs. cilantro leaves
- salt and pepper to taste
- optional: minced jalapenos, or just use rotel and eliminate petite diced tomatoes
- turkey meatballs:
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 2 chopped scallions
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. Tex-Mex Diablo Dust or taco seasoning
- 1 beaten egg
- 1-2 tsp. bread crumbs
- tsp. oil
- Mix the meatball ingredients together and roll turkey mix into desired size meatballs.
- Saute in oil until done.
- In a soup pot, add the soup ingredients, meatballs, bring to a boil and then simmer, covered, for 15 minutes, or until veggies are al dente.
Leave a review or comment