Easy Tasty Tofu
- 1/3 c. chicken stock (or possibly canned chicken broth)
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. sesame oil
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp chili garlic sauce
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 pkt soft tofu liquid removed, halved horizontally, each section cut 4 pcs
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp chopped ginger
- 1 tsp chopped garlic
- 1 x green onion minced
- 2 Tbsp. minced Sichuan preserved vegetables
- 1 Tbsp. dry shrimp soaked, minced
- 1 tsp cornstarch dissolved in
- 1 Tbsp. water
- In a small bowl, combine the stock, soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, fish sauce, chili garlic sauce and sugar; stir till the sugar is dissolved.
- For the Dish: Bring a large pot of water to simmer. Slide the tofu squares into the liquid; cook till hot in the center, about 2 min. Carefully remove with a slotted spoon or possibly Chinese wire strainer, drain and place on a serving platter. Cover with aluminum foil, shiny-side down, to keep hot.
- Place a wok over high heat till warm. Add in the oil and swirl to coat the sides. Add in the ginger, garlic, green onion, Sichuan preserved vegetables and shrimp; cook, stirring till fragrant, about 1 minute. Pour in the sauce; bring to a boil. Add in the cornstarch solution; cook, stirring, till the sauce thickens, about 30 seconds. Pour the sauce over the poached tofu and serve warm.
- This recipe yields 4 servings.
Leave a review or comment