Easy Red Enchilada SaucePrep: 2 min Cook: 5 min Servings: 4by myra byanka510 recipes>
A Tex-Mex 101 sauce for enchiladas and tamales. Makes enough for about 12 flour tortilla enchiladas, which absorb more sauce than corn tortillas.
- 3 tbs. corn or olive oil
- 3 tbs. flour
- 1/2 tsp. ground pepper
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. smoked cumin
- 1/2 tsp. Mexican oregano
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 2 tbs. Tex-Mex Diablo Dust or smoked chile powder
- 2 cups Homemade Chicken Broth or canned
- Smoke the cumin and the chile powder in a saucepot until fragrant.
- Add the corn oil and flour, stir.
- Slowly add the chicken broth, and let sauce thicken.
- Add the rest of the ingredients.
Leave a review or comment