Easy Chinese Asparagus and BeefPrep: 10 min Cook: 10 min Servings: 4by John Spottiswood300 recipes>
This is so easy to make that I'm almost embarrassed to put it on. However, my Chinese friend Joyce said "I could eat this every night!" when she tasted it, and I almost agree. It has a great classic Chinese flavor. Nothing fancy, but lots to like all the same!
- 2 lbs asparagus (bottom inch removed)
- 1/2 - 1 pound beef, thinly sliced (I used left over prime rib, but any steak or roast cut will do)
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 Tbsp Oyster Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Hoisin Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- Bring a pot of lightly salted water to boil.
- Cut Asparagus into 2-3 inch strips. Add the pieces cut closest to the stems first and boil for 2 minutes. Then add the rest of the pieces except for the tips and boil for another 3 minutes. Remove and rinse with cold water. (The tips don't need to be pre-boiled because they are naturally soft.)
- Add oil to a Wok and heat over very high heat for 3-5 minutes until lightly smoking.
- Add the beef, let it brown on one side for 30-60 seconds, then flip and brown on the other side.
- Add the Asparagus and stir fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the Oyster, Hoisin, and Soy Sauce and stir until meat and vegetables are well coated.
- Taste and adjust to your liking (add more Oyster for sweetness, Hoisin for sweet/spicy, Soy for salty)
- Serve over warm brown or white rice!
Leave a review or comment