Dummy TiramisuPrep: 15 min Servings: 8by Supriya Srivastava15 recipes>
Both Ladyfinger and Mascarpone cheese is impossible to find in delhi, this is the closest I could get to my favorite- Tiramisu with the ingredients that are easy to find. The taste is pretty good. Go for it. And it is purely Vegetarian!
- 20 Marie Biscuits
- 3 medium white Rasgulla
- 250 gm Paneer/Cottage cheese
- 200 ml Heavy Cream
- 1 tbsp instant Coffee Powder
- 4 tsp Gelatin (Gel-a-tone easily available in Delhi)
- 3 tbsp Cocoa Liquor ( can substitute with rum)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1/4 cup water
- Microwave 1/4 cup water until it is hot, dissolve coffee powder in it.
- Mix 1 tbsp Cocoa liquor. Set aside and let it cool.
- Blend Paneer, Rasgulla and Cream with sugar to get a Creamy Mix.
- Add 2 tbsp cocoa liquor to the creamy mix and blend well.
- Add gelatin dissolved in milk, mix well to the Creamy Mix.
- Layer a serving dish with one layer of Marie biscuit.
- With a spoon carefully put coffee-cocoa liquid on the the top such that the biscuits absorb it. Do not overload.This is the first layer.
- On the top pour half the Creamy Mix.
- Layer again with Biscuits.Carefully soak them with Coffee as above.
- Pour the remaining Creamy Mix on the top.
- Let it set for 6 hrs or overnight in the refrigerator.
- When set shave dark chocolate on the top.
- Cut into desired size pieces and enjoy.
Leave a review or comment