Drumstick Leaves PoriyalPrep: 20 min Cook: 10 min Servings: 3by Ranjani10 recipes>
Drumstick leaves poriyal – an iron-rich thoran goes well with all rice varieties. Murungai keerai tempered with red chilies and coconut.
- Murunga Keerai (Drumstick Leaves) - 3 cups
- Water – ¼ cup
- Coconut – 3 tbsp( shredded)
- Salt – as required (add little amount)
- To temper:
- Oil – 2 tsp
- Mustard – ½ tsp
- Urad dal – 1 tsp
- Channa dal – 1 tbsp
- Red chilies – 2 nos.
- Wash and clean drumstick leaves. Use drumstick flowers also if u want.
- 2. Heat a wok, add oil and temper with mustard, urad dal, channa dal and red chilies.
- 3. Add water and salt, allow to boil. Add cleaned drumstick leaves and close with plate or lid.
- 4. Keep the flame low and cook for 5 to 8 mins. After all the water absorbed, add shredded coconut. Toss well and turn off the flame.
Leave a review or comment