Double Chocolatey Zucchini MuffinsPrep: 15 min Cook: 20 min Servings: 24by Denise Sherin115 recipes>
These muffins are so delicious! They are great for breakfast or a snack. They freeze well, so you can pull out one at a time to throw in a lunchbox. My son loves them and he grates the zucchini! Great way to use up extra zucchini. I use the larger size on the grater, the small size turns the zucchini to a wet mush. ** Also squeeze the zucchini to remove as much liquid as possible before adding to the batter. *** Cook temp on this is split. 425 for the first 5 mins. and then turn down to 350 for another 15 mins.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp instant coffee
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup veg. oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3 cups Zucchini, grated and squeezed
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips 1/2 cup extra for the top approx.
- 1/2 cup coconut (opt)
- Preheat oven 425 line muffin tins with paper cups.
- In large bowl add flour, cocoa, baking powder and soda, salt, instant coffee and cinnamon. mix well
- In a med bowl whisk together sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla till well mixed.
- Add wet to the dry bowl and stir till just combined.
- Then stir in zucchini mix well
- Add choco chips and coconut(if using) mix well
- Fill your muffin cup and then top with choco chips.
- Bake at 425 for the first 5 mins then turn heat down to 350 and continue baking for 15 minutes longer.
- Remove and cool
Leave a review or comment