Diabetic BBQ Beef SandwichesPrep: 30 min Cook: 8 to 9 hours Servings: 12by RecipeKing176 recipes>
Diabetic BBQ Beef Sandwiches is an easy recipe for a large crowd. It makes 12 sandwiches, good for game crowds or any large gatherings. Great for anytime of the year; since it is cooked in the oven. A made from scratch coleslaw with bottled barbecue sauce and beef brisket combine for a delicious sandwich recipe.
- 1 (3 lb) beef brisket, trimmed
- 1 red onion, cut in half
- 2 cups shredded green cabbage
- 2 cups shredded red cabbage
- 1/4 cup Miracle Whip dressing
- 1 (17.5 oz) bottle barbecue sauce
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 (14.5 oz) can fat-free reduced-sodium beef broth
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 12 kaiser rolls, partially split
- Preheat oven 350º F.
- Cut one half the onion into thin slices; place in a large bowl. Add cabbage; mix lightly. Mix dressing and 2 Tbsp. of the barbecue sauce together. Add to cabbage mixture; toss to coat. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Heat the cooking oil in a large skillet. Add meat and cook 5 minutes or until browned on both sides, turning after 3 minutes. Transfer to a 13" x 9" baking dish. Chop remaining onion half; sprinkle over meat. Mix broth, 1/2 cup of the remaining barbecue sauce and garlic; pour over meat. Cover.
- Bake for 2-1/2 to 3 hours or until meat is done (160º F). Let stand covered for 10 minutes. Shred meat; place in a large bowl. Add remaining barbecue sauce; toss to coat.
- Fill each roll with 1/2 cup meat mixture and 1/3 cup cabbage mixture just before serving.
Leave a review or comment