Dhal (Lentil) RicePrep: 45 min Cook: 20 min Servings: 4by Navaneetham Krishnan370 recipes>
Rice and dhal scented with ghee and spices.
- 2 cups Basmati rice - washed.
- 1 cup yellow dhal/lentil
- 1 large onion - chopped
- 1/2 inch ginger - chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- ½ tsp garam masala
- 1 1/2 tbsp ghee
- Coriander leaves & fried onions - for garnishing
- Boil dhal with 2 cups of water till half cooked.
- Separate dhal from the water and keep both aside.
- Heat ghee and when heated, sauté onion, ginger and bay leaf .
- Add rice, stir for a couple of minutes.
- Tip into rice cooker and season with salt.
- Pour in the reserved liquid (the water dhal kept aside) and water ( both should come up to 3 cups).
- Add garam masala, stir and let it cook.
- Once cooked, fluff up and garnish with fried onions and coriander leaves before serving.
Leave a review or comment