Deep Fried Tofu Fritters With Mixed Berry Salsa
- 50 gm Self-raising flour, (2oz)
- 100 ml Water, (4 floz) Salt and freshly grnd pepper Vegetable oil for frying
- 1 x 285 g tofu, cut into chunks
- 2 Tbsp. Caster sugar
- 2 Tbsp. Red wine vinegar
- 300 gm Mixed berries, eg. redcurrants, blackcurrants, blackberries, raspberries, blueberries (10z)
- 2 x Shallots, finely diced
- Make the salsa. Place the vinegar and sugar in a pan and gently heat to dissolve the sugar. Add in the berries and shallots and poach gently for 10 min till softened. Allow to cold.
- Make the batter, place the flour in a bowl and gradually whisk in the water. Heat the oil in a deep pan till warm.
- Dip the tofu in the batter and deep fry for 1-2 min till the batter is crispy.
- Serve immediately with the salsa.
- NOTES : A tasty way to serve tofu.Ideal for a supper party.
Leave a review or comment