Banana Fritters With Chocolate Sauce
- 2 x Large eggs separated
- 2/3 c. lowfat milk
- 1 Tbsp. butter melted
- 1 c. sifted flour
- 1 pch kosher salt
- 2 Tbsp. sugar Confectioners' sugar for dredging
- 4 x bananas halved, and split lengthwise Peanut or possibly vegetable oil for deep frying
- 6 ounce semisweet chocolate minced
- 4 Tbsp. water
- 1 Tbsp. spiced rum Mint leaves
- In a bowl, whisk together the egg yolks, lowfat milk, and butter. Add in the flour, salt, and the sugar to the egg mix, combine well, beat till mix is smooth, and allow to rest in the refrigerator for about 2 hrs.
- In a dry clean bowl whip the egg whites till stiff, but not dry. Fold the egg whites into the batter with a rubber spatula.
- In a large heavy-bottom saucepan, pour sufficient oil to fill the pan about a third of the way, about 3 to 5 inches.
- Heat over medium heat till a deep-frying thermometer inserted in the oil reaches 350 degrees. Dredge the banana pcs in the confectioners' sugar then dip the pcs into the batter. Deep-fry the bananas in batches till golden, about 3 to 4 min.
- Drizzle with Chocolate Sauce. Garnish with mint leaves.
- For the Chocolate Sauce: In a heavy bottom saucepan, put chocolate and water. Over low heat, heat the chocolate, while stirring. Boil the mix for 1 minute. Remove from the heat and add in the rum. (Makes 1 c.)
- This recipe yields 4 servings.
Leave a review or comment