Dazzling, Skinny Chocolate Cherry Bundt CakePrep: 15 min Cook: 60 min Servings: 16by Skinny Kitchen with Nancy Fox299 recipes>
Deep dark chocolate batter embraces chunks of ruby-colored cherries in this elegant cake. The light crimson glaze adds a touch of blush to the top and the overall flavor hints of chocolate-covered cherries. This is another one of my “no time to bake” cakes because I’m starting with a cake mix. Although there are a lot of ingredients this super chocolaty cake is so easy to prepare. One skinny slice has 286 calories and 6 grams of fat per serving. A regular slice contains 633 calories and 22 grams of fat!
- Cake Ingredients
- 1 (18.25 ounces) Duncan Hines Devils Food Cake Mix
- 1 (3.4 ounces) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 cup reduced-fat chocolate milk
- ½ cup water
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat butter or a spread like Smart Balance Light, melted
- 1¼ teaspoons pure almond extract
- 2 eggs, I love Egg-land’s Best eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup cherry pie filling, such as Comstock’s (this recipe uses the entire can)
- Cherry Glaze Ingredients
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- ¼ cup cherry pie filling
- ½ tablespoon corn syrup
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- Drizzle Ingredients
- ⅔ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat or fat-free milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a Bundt pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Using an electric mixer, combine the cake mix, pudding, chocolate milk, water, canola oil. butter and almond extract. Mix until smooth.
- Add the eggs, egg whites and beat until smooth. Fold in 1 cup cherry pie filling.
- Pour the batter evenly into the Bundt pan. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes until a tooth pick inserted comes out clean. Bake longer if necessary.
- To make the cherry glaze: In a small bowl, using a rubber spatula, combine the powdered sugar, Â¼ cup pie filling, corn syrup, extract and mix until smooth. Allow the cake to cool before drizzling on the glaze.
- To make the drizzle: In a small bowl combine the powdered sugar, milk and mix until smooth. This should be quite thick. Drizzle over the glazed cake. If desired, use some of the left over cherries in the can of pie filling to decorate the top.
- For more skinny recipes, please join me at http://skinnykitchen.com
Leave a review or comment