Curried Pumpkin (Labu Masak Curry)Prep: 25 min Cook: 15 min Servings: 4by Navaneetham Krishnan370 recipes>
"simply irresistible", made with chilli powder, spices and yoghurt.
- 1/2 pumpkin(about 400g) - remove skin and seeds; cut into medium pieces. Steam or simmer till soft
- (Note: otherwise, cook with the rest of the ingredients by pouring in water to soften)
- 4 shallots - sliced thinly
- 1/2 inch ginger - sliced thinly
- 1/2 tbsp plain chilli powder
- 1 tbsp yoghurt
- 1 tsp white ulundu/urad dhal (can be replaced with black mustard
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp fennel powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 3 sprigs coriander leaves.
- 2 tbsp oil
- Salt for taste
- Saute ginger and shallots in heated oil.
- Add chilli, cumin, fennel and coriander powder.
- Quickly stir.
- Add pumpkin pieces.
- Season with salt and stir a couple of times.
- (note: here's when you have to add water, to soften pumpkin if you didn't steam or simmer)
- Off heat, combine in coriander leaves and yoghurt.
Leave a review or comment