Curried Chick Peas
A nice side dish to serve with curried chicken and rice.
- 1 1/2 T olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp crushed chili flakes (less if you are timid)
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp coriander
- 1/2 tsp tumeric
- 2 bay leaves (leave whole and take out before serving)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 1/2 tsp flour
- 1 can chick peas (drained and rinsed)
- 1/2 cup frozen green peas
- 1 cup water
- In a small pot add oil and cumin and fry for a few seconds on med heat (don't burn)
- Add remainder of spices and fry for a minute.
- Add onion and fry for 2 minutes
- Sprinkle 1 1/2 tsp flour over onions and stir until absorbed
- Add water and chick peas.
- Simmer 15 minutes and add green peas for the last few minutes.
Leave a review or comment