Curried ButtermilkPrep: 20 min Cook: 5 min Servings: 4by SHYARI4 recipes>
Curried Buttermilk/ Yogurt Curry is an integral part of daily South Indian recipe. It is a great blend of yogurt with ginger, cumin seeds, grated coconut and other spices. Well, Dn't be SCARED ! it is extremely easy (less than 15 minutes) and NOT too SPICY. Doesn't it sounds perfect? This wonderful curried buttermilk goes perfect with rice. Now, what are you waiting for...hurry up...note down and make it for sure.
- Yogurt- 3 cups (well beaten )
- Mustard seeds- 1 teaspoon
- Finely sliced shallot- 1
- Sliced ginger- 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt- as desired
- Oil- 1 table spoon.
- Red chilly- 2
- To Blend: Turmeric powder- 1/4 teaspoon
- Cumin seeds- 1/2 teaspoon
- Green chilly- 3
- Grated Coconut- 1 cup
- Shallot- 1 (cut into cube size)
- Sliced Ginger- 1/2 teaspoon
- Curry leaves- 1 stem
- Water- 1/2 cup
- Firstly, Blend all the ingredients (except the curry leaves) very nicely. Once you make sure all the ingredients are blend together, add the curry leaves and grind it just once.
- Now, heat oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds. Add shallots, red chilies, salt and ginger. Saute for 2 minutes/ shallots caramelized. Reduce the flame, add the blended mixture to the pan and stir nicely till it warms. Make sure you don't let it boil. Add more salt if required. Switch off the flame and keep it aside to cool down.
- Add the prepared seasoning to the buttermilk and mix it well. Serve it with hot rice.
Leave a review or comment